According to Battlescribe, I'm up to about 2700 points - oops... I've done as much as I can to save money on this while still having a fun, fluffy list that I'm hoping will be nice and usable in both 30k and 40k (that to be decided upon).
This is what I'm building, so any feedback very welcome. Please do keep in mind that it's to be a fun list, not a tournament list, but I think it'll have enough to cause some changes in plans for my opponent at some point during or after deployment. I'm listing it as a 2700 point list to show what is owned, so it'll be trimmed down to lower points as required.
HQ - 435 points
- Armillus Dynat, using the Pride of the Legion rule
- Centurion, Saboteur (using the Autilon Skoor model as he can't be used with Dynat)
- Centurion, Chaplain (from the Calth box)
Troops - 1080 points
- 10 Recon Legionnaires with sniper rifles and Cameleoline (one with have an Alpha Legion helmet and shoulder pad, so I could use him as Exodus in other games).
- 5+1 Legion Terminators in Cataphractii armour all with Volkite Chargers and a variety of weapons (Calth squad, plus the Praetor as a fancy Sergeant - this unit could be used as a Lernean squad if need be due to the Volkites).
- 10 Veterans with two Missile Launchers and Flakk (Calth marines)
- 10 Veterans with two Heavy Bolters (Calth marines)
Elites - 335 points
- Contemptor-Mortis with two Multi-Meltas
- Contemptor-Mortis with two Kheres Assault Cannons (both Calth, with a bit of conversions)
Fast Attack - 300 points
- 10 Headhunters with Banestrike Ammo (Calth marines with close combat weapons, maybe adding in some of the new Forge World bits)
Heavy Support - 545 points
- Land Raider Phobos
- Land Raider Spartan
The plan is the Spartan will probably take Dynat, the Chaplain and the Cataphractii and one of the two squads of Veterans will ride in the Phobos. The other unit will sit back, while the recon squad (which could play as two squads) will infiltrate and create annoying fire lanes. Dreads will provide some close range shooting cover. The Headhunters' ability to infiltrate or outflank make them interesting, but they could equally be the unit in the Phobos if there was a particularly important infantry unit to hit early.
I'm hoping there is sufficient AA with the two Mortis and the Flakk in the Veterans, along with the twin/quad linked lascannons on the Land Raiders.
Thoughts hugely welcome!